1) The Rangers passed the A’s into 1st place in the AL West.
2) The Diamondbacks traded 2B Roberto Alomar to the Whitesox for a player to be named later and cash.
After -5 RCAA/.708 OPS and -17 RCAA/.682 OPS seasons, Alomar is off to a .473 SLG, .382 OBA, .855 OPS, 2 RCAA start in his first 38 games. He has a .816 career OPS, compared to his league average of .754, and 325 RCAA in 2361 games.
3) The Whitesox will place P Scott Schoeneweis on the 15 day DL today, when they officially add Alomar to the roster.
Schoeneweis has tightness and soreness in his arm. After 4.88 ERA/-7 RSAA and 4.18 ERA/1 RSAA seasons, he has a 5.56 ERA/-8 RSAA in his first 19 starts. Schoeneweis has a 5.15 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.63, and -33 RSAA in 222 games.
4) Reds 1B Sean Casey reached 1000 career hits.
After -15 RCAA/.696 OPS and -2 RCAA/.758 OPS seasons, Casey is hitting .572 SLG, .395 OBA, .966 OPS, 36 RCAA in his first 92 games. He has a .840 career OPS, compared to his league average of .780, and 85 RCAA in 890 games.
5) Tino Martinez passed Reggie Smith into 91st place on the all time HR list, with 315.
6) Braves LF Eli Marrero hit his 50th career HR.
After 7 RCAA/.777 OPS and -6 RCAA/.622 OPS seasons, Marrero is hitting .577 SLG, .380 OBA, .958 OPS, 13 RCAA in his first 53 games. He has a .711 career OPS, compared to his league average of .777, and -42 RCAA in 578 games.
7) The Phillies placed LF Pat Burrell on the 15 day DL and called up utilityman Lou Collier.
Burrell has a strained left wrist.
Collier has -28 RCAA/.652 OPS in 283 career games.
8) Phillies P Kevin Millwood had to leave yesterday’s game, after 2 innings, due to swelling in his elbow.
After 3.24 ERA/22 RSAA and 4.01 ERA/1 RSAA seasons, Millwood is off to a 4.86 ERA/-9 RSAA start in his first 23 starts. He has a 3.89 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.36, and 58 RSAA in 226 games.
9) Astros P Darren Oliver had to leave yesterday’s game, after the 1st inning, due to tightness in his shoulder.
After 4.66 ERA/-2 RSAA and 5.04 ERA/-5 RSAA seasons, Oliver is off to a 5.42 ERA/-10 RSAA start in his first 23 games (10 starts–first 18 G/8 GS with the Marlins). He has a 5.04 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.59, and -44 RSAA in 302 games.
10) According to a couple of reports from Chicago, Jimmy Anderson is now back with the Cubs, after being let go by the Redsox.
11) The Diamondbacks called up OF Doug DeVore, who took Alomar’s spot on the roster.
DeVore is off to a .271 SLG, .216 OBA, .487 OPS, -5 RCAA start in his first 25 career games.
According to Peter Gammons, “There is no greater baseball tool than Lee Sinins’ Baseball Sabermetric Encyclopedia. Get thee to Baseball Immortals and order the disc, haste post haste.” The product Jayson Stark called “the best invention since the toaster oven!” has gotten even more powerful.
If you enjoy the ATM reports and want to support them, check out my other creation–the sabermetric baseball encyclopedia. It’s powerful, yet extremely easy to use. Features extensive sorting, stat display options, and features that are not available in online and printed sources. Order the deluxe package and get a free player comments book. For more information, see