1) Yesterday’s score–
Astros 12, Braves 3
2) Today’s schedule–
Redsox (Curt Schilling, 3.26) at Yankees (Mike Mussina, 4.59) , 8:15
3) Yesterday’s HRs–
4) The Reds removed utilityman Jason Romano from the 40 man roster, he refused the assignment to the minors, became a free agent and then re-signed with the Reds, with a minor league contract.
Romano has -14 RCAA/.487 OPS in 110 career games, including a .235 SLG, .194 OBA, .430 OPS, -3 RCAA in 26 games (first 4 with the Devil Rays) in 2004.
5) The A’s didn’t renew bench coach Chris Speier’s contract.
6) The Cubs fired 3B coach Wendell Kim moved Gary Matthews from hitting to 1B coach and moved Gene Clines from 1B coach to hitting.
7) The Mets are reportedly interested in Tigers bench coach Kirk Gibson as a managerial candidate while they received permission from the Rangers to interview hitting coach Rudy Jaramillo.
8) The Reds extended manager Dave Miley’s contract through the 2006 season.
If you enjoy the ATM reports and want to support them, check out my other creation–the sabermetric baseball encyclopedia. Orders are now being taken for the next edition, which will include the 2004 stats and come out in October. It’s powerful, yet extremely easy to use. Features extensive sorting, stat display options, and features that are not available in online and printed sources. The deluxe package has been greatly expanded and could include a free copy of the current edition. For more information, see http://www.baseball-encyclopedia.com
According to Peter Gammons, “There is no greater baseball tool than Lee Sinins’ Baseball Sabermetric Encyclopedia. Get thee to Baseball Immortals and order the disc, haste post haste.” The product Jayson Stark called “the best invention since the toaster oven!” has gotten even more powerful.