1) Yesterday’s score–
Cardinals 5, Astros 2 (CARDINALS WIN THE SERIES, 4-3)
2) Yesterday’s HRs–
3) The Redsox announced their World Series rotation–Tim Wakefield, Curt Schilling, Pedro Martinez, Derek Lowe.
4) Twins OF Jason Kubel suffered a major knee injury in the Arizona Fall League, which will require surgery. It’s not known yet exactly what it is, but a torn anterior cruciate ligament is a possibility.
Kubel hit .433 SLG, .358 OBA, .792 OPS, 1 RCAA in his first 23 career games.
5) Dodgers GM Paul DePodesta says he plans on offering manager Jim Tracy a multiyear contract extension.
6) Last week, the Diamondbacks removed utilityman Alan Zinter, C Juan Brito and P Chad Durbin from the 40 man roster and re-signed Zinter to a minor league contract.
Zinter has -7 RCAA/.548 OPS in 67 career games, including a .353 SLG, .300 OBA, .653 OPS, -2 RCAA in 28 games in 2004.
Brito has -20 RCAA/.562 OPS in 63 career games, including a .298 SLG, .246 OBA, .544 OPS, -18 RCAA in 54 games in 2004.
Durbin has a 6.22 ERA/-49 RSAA in 75 career games, including a 6.97 ERA/-16 RSAA in 24 games (8 starts–first 17 G/8 GS with the Indians) in 2004.
7) The Cubs hired Chris Speier as 3B coach.
8) The Angels released utilityman Adam Riggs.
Riggs has -8 RCAA/.636 OPS in 61 career games, including a .278 SLG, .216 OBA, .494 OPS, -4 RCAA in 16 games in 2004.
If you enjoy the ATM reports and want to support them, check out my other creation–the sabermetric baseball encyclopedia. Orders are now being taken for the next edition, which will include the 2004 stats and come out in October. It’s powerful, yet extremely easy to use. Features extensive sorting, stat display options, and features that are not available in online and printed sources. The deluxe package has been greatly expanded and could include a free copy of the current edition. For more information, see http://www.baseball-encyclopedia.com
According to Peter Gammons, “There is no greater baseball tool than Lee Sinins’ Baseball Sabermetric Encyclopedia. Get thee to Baseball Immortals and order the disc, haste post haste.” The product Jayson Stark called “the best invention since the toaster oven!” has gotten even more powerful.