1) Position players report today for the Brewers and Twins.
2) Devil Rays OF Marty Cordova retired.
Cordova had a .792 career OPS, compared to his league average of .776, and -20 RCAA in 952 games. He missed the entire 2004 season, after playing in just 9 games in 2003.
3) The Rockies signed Ps Matt Anderson and David Coggin to minor league contracts.
Anderson had a 4.89 ERA/-7 RSAA in 245 games with the 1998-2003 Tigers.
Coggin had a 4.52 ERA/-9 RSAA in 60 games with the 2000-02 Phillies.
4) The Royals signed OF Matt Diaz to a minor league contract, with an invitation to spring training, and signed 2B Carlos Febles to a 2 year minor league contract.
Febles got an unusual 2 year minor league contract since torn his ACL during winter ball and is expected to miss the entire 2005 season. He had a .683 OPS/-83 RCAA in 506 games with the 1998-2003 Royals.
5) Reds P Bubba Nelson was arrested on DWI charges.
If you enjoy the ATM reports and want to support them, check out my other creation–the sabermetric baseball encyclopedia. Orders are now being taken for the next edition, which will include the 2004 stats and is currently shipping. It’s powerful, yet extremely easy to use. Features extensive sorting, stat display options, and features that are not available in online and printed sources. The deluxe package has been greatly expanded, making it a much better bargain. For more information, see http://www.baseball-encyclopedia.com
According to Peter Gammons, “There is no greater baseball tool than Lee Sinins’ Baseball Sabermetric Encyclopedia. Get thee to Baseball Immortals and order the disc, haste post haste.” The product Jayson Stark called “the best invention since the toaster oven!” has gotten even more powerful.