1) According to Raul Mondesi, he’s agreed to a 1 year, $1 million contract with the Braves. But, a team spokesman denies any knowledge of the deal and GM John Schuerholz refused to either confirm or deny the deal.
2) The Dodgers named Jim Lett (bench) and Jon Debus (bullpen) coaches.
3) The Dodgers designated OF Chin-Feng Chen for assignment.
Chen is 0 for 14 in 12 career games, with -3 RCAA, including 0 for 8, with 2 BB and -2 RCAA, in 8 games in 2004.
4) The Brewers sale to Mark Attanasio was approved.
5) The Brewers signed P Rick Helling to a minor league contract, with an invitation to spring training.
Helling, who was out of the majors in 2004, has a 4.77 ERA/-10 RSAA in 266 career games.
6) The Devil Rays signed free agent OF Danny Bautista to a 1 year, $1.9 million contract.
After 5 RCAA/.867 OPS and -11 RCAA/.724 OPS seasons, Bautista had a .401 SLG, .332 OBA, .733 OPS, -15 RCAA in 141 games with the Diamondbacks. He has a .724 career OPS, compared to his league average of .778, and -84 RCAA in 895 games.
7) According to the St. Petersburg Times, the Devil Rays are interested in free agent 2B Roberto Alomar.
8) The Indians are reportedly close to signing free agent 2B Alex Cora.
9) The Rangers outrighted INF Ruddy Yan to the minors.
If you enjoy the ATM reports and want to support them, check out my other creation–the sabermetric baseball encyclopedia. Orders are now being taken for the next edition, which will include the 2004 stats and is currently shipping. It’s powerful, yet extremely easy to use. Features extensive sorting, stat display options, and features that are not available in online and printed sources. The deluxe package has been greatly expanded, making it a much better bargain. For more information, see http://www.baseball-encyclopedia.com
According to Peter Gammons, “There is no greater baseball tool than Lee Sinins’ Baseball Sabermetric Encyclopedia. Get thee to Baseball Immortals and order the disc, haste post haste.” The product Jayson Stark called “the best invention since the toaster oven!” has gotten even more powerful.