1) Yesterday’s scores–
Cardinals 6, Astros 4 (12) (series tied, 3-3)
Redsox 10, Yankees 3 (REDSOX WIN THE SERIES, 4-3)
2) Today’s schedule–
Astros (Roger Clemens, 2.98) at Cardinals (Jeff Suppan, 4.16), 8:15
3) Yesterday’s HRs–
4) Cardinals P Julian Tavarez was fined $10,000 for throwing a ball behind Jeff Bagwell’s head in Game 4 of the NLCS.
5) Cardinals 2B Tony Womack had to leave yesterday’s game, due to lower back spasms, and his status for today is uncertain.
6) The Mariners hired Mike Hargrove as manager and gave him a 3 year contract.
7) Chuck Hiller died at the age of 70.
8) The Pirates re-signed 3B Tom Evans, OF Jorge Cortes, C Jose Hernandez and P Eddie Candelario to minor league contracts.
Evans had -5 RCAA/.691 OPS in 42 games with the 1997-98 BlueJays and 2000 Rangers.
If you enjoy the ATM reports and want to support them, check out my other creation–the sabermetric baseball encyclopedia. Orders are now being taken for the next edition, which will include the 2004 stats and come out in October. It’s powerful, yet extremely easy to use. Features extensive sorting, stat display options, and features that are not available in online and printed sources. The deluxe package has been greatly expanded and could include a free copy of the current edition. For more information, see http://www.baseball-encyclopedia.com
According to Peter Gammons, “There is no greater baseball tool than Lee Sinins’ Baseball Sabermetric Encyclopedia. Get thee to Baseball Immortals and order the disc, haste post haste.” The product Jayson Stark called “the best invention since the toaster oven!” has gotten even more powerful.