1) The Giants sent INFs Jamie Athas and Mike Cervenak, OFs Carlos Valderrama and Doug Clark and Ps Jack Taschner, Brian Cooper and Brandon Puffer to the minors.
2) The Mets signed 1B Brian Daubach and P Joey Hamilton to minor league contracts.
Daubach has 29 RCAA/.819 OPS in 646 career games, including a .413 SLG, .326 OBA, .739 OPS, -2 RCAA in 30 games with the 2004 Redsox.
Hamilton, who didn’t pitch in the majors in 2004, has a 4.44 ERA/-41 RSAA in 242 career games.
3) The Pirates released C J.R. House.
House had shoulder surgery and is expected to miss the entire season.
4) The Royals sent INF Darrin Fenster, OF Alan Moye and Ps Billy Buckner, J.P. Howell, Jonah Bayliss and Matt Howell to the minors.
5) The Brewers sent C Lou Palmisano and Ps Mike Jones and Chris Saenz to the minors.
If you enjoy the ATM reports and want to support them, check out my other creation–the sabermetric baseball encyclopedia. Orders are now being taken for the next edition, which will include the 2004 stats and is currently shipping. It’s powerful, yet extremely easy to use. Features extensive sorting, stat display options, and features that are not available in online and printed sources. The deluxe package has been greatly expanded, making it a much better bargain. For more information, see http://www.baseball-encyclopedia.com
According to Peter Gammons, “There is no greater baseball tool than Lee Sinins’ Baseball Sabermetric Encyclopedia. Get thee to Baseball Immortals and order the disc, haste post haste.” The product Jayson Stark called “the best invention since the toaster oven!” has gotten even more powerful.