1) The Rangers called up P Erasmo Ramirez and sent P Nick Regilio to the minors.
Ramirez has a 4.10 ERA/8 RSAA in 58 career games, including a 4.56 ERA/2 RSAA in 24 games in 2004.
Regilio has a 6.05 ERA/-2 RSAA in his first 4 career starts (6 games).
2) The Mets called up INF Wilson Delgado and P Dan Wheeler, sent Ps Matt Ginter and Pedro Feliciano to the minors and moved P Jose Parra from the 15 to the 60 day DL.
Delgado has -28 RCAA/.588 OPS in 211 career games and hasn’t made his 2004 debut yet.
After a 3.71 ERA/3 RSAA in 2003, his first year with more than 13 games, he’s off to a 4.85 ERA/-4 RSAA start in his first 28 games (1 start). He has a 5.18 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.51, and -14 RSAA in 93 games.
After pitching in just 3 games in 2003, Ginter’s off to a 4.62 ERA/-4 RSAA start in his first 12 starts (13 games). He has a 5.38 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.43, and -18 RSAA in 76 games.
Feliciano has a 3.55 ERA/5 RSAA in 34 career games, including a 0.00 ERA/2 RSAA in 5 games in 2004.
3) The Brewers called up P Jorge De La Rosa and placed P-PH Brooks Kieschnick on the 15 day DL, retroactive to August 9.
Kieschnick has tendinitis in his shoulder. After a 5.26 ERA/-5 RSAA in his first year as a pitcher, he has a 3.82 ERA/2 RSAA in his first 24 games. Offensively, he’s off to a .420 SLG, .364 OBA, .784 OPS, 0 RCAA start in his first 61 games (55 PA) and has a .779 career OPS, compared to his league average of .773, and -4 RCAA in 243 games.
4) The Royals signed INF Kevin Hooper to a minor league contract.
5) The Reds called up OF Darren Bragg and placed CF Ken Griffey Jr. on the 60 day DL.
After 0 RCAA/.748 OPS and -9 RCAA/.589 OPS seasons, Bragg’s off to a -2 RCAA/.408 OPS start in his first 10 games (13 PA–first 9 games with the Padres). He has a .724 career OPS, compared to his league average of .780, and -63 RCAA in 879 games.
6) Yankees P Tanyon Sturtze dropped his appeal of a 3 game suspension and started to pretend to be suspended yesterday. Since he had pitched 5 innings as a starter on Wednesday, he wasn’t going to be available for those days.
After 5.18 ERA/-18 RSAA and 5.94 ERA/-12 RSAA seasons, Sturtze is off to a 5.10 ERA/-3 RSAA start in his first 16 games (3 starts). He has a 5.19 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.54, and -47 RSAA in 175 games.
7) The Indians released minor league OF Alex Escobar. Escobar had been removed from the 40 man roster when he was designated for assignment on Sunday.
8) The Reds passed the Pirates into sole possession of 4th place in the NL Central.
9) Larry Walker tied Yogi Berra for 64th place on the all time HR list, with 358.
According to Peter Gammons, “There is no greater baseball tool than Lee Sinins’ Baseball Sabermetric Encyclopedia. Get thee to Baseball Immortals and order the disc, haste post haste.” The product Jayson Stark called “the best invention since the toaster oven!” has gotten even more powerful.
If you enjoy the ATM reports and want to support them, check out my other creation–the sabermetric baseball encyclopedia. It’s powerful, yet extremely easy to use. Features extensive sorting, stat display options, and features that are not available in online and printed sources. Order the deluxe package and get a free player comments book. For more information, see