1) The Padres will place P Sterling Hitchcock on the 15 day DL and call up P Dennis Tankersley.
Tankersley has a 7.28 ERA/-30 RSAA in 25 career games, including a 3.20 ERA/2 RSAA in 7 games (4 starts) in 2004.
2) The A’s activated P Chad Bradford from the DL and sent P Justin Lehr to the minors.
After 3.11 ERA/13 RSAA and 3.04 ERA/10 RSAA seasons, Bradford is off to a 4.69 ERA/0 RSAA start in his first 49 games. He has a 3.47 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.55, and 34 RSAA in 275 games.
Lehr has a 5.04 ERA/-1 RSAA in his first 22 career games.
3) The Royals called up SS Angel Berroa and sent SS Andres Blanco to the minors.
After a -7 RCAA/.789 OPS rookie season, Berroa is off to a .364 SLG, .292 OBA, .656 OPS, -16 RCAA start in his first 97 games. He has a .728 career OPS, compared to his league average of .766, and -30 RCAA in 290 games.
Blanco hit .417 SLG, .379 OBA, .795 OPS, 1 RCAA in his first 19 career games.
4) The Rangers activated P R.A. Dickey from the DL and placed P Erasmo Ramirez on the 15 day DL, retroactive to August 17.
Dickey has a 5.57 ERA/-13 RSAA in 60 career games, including a 6.04 ERA/-9 RSAA in 15 starts (18 games) in 2004.
Ramirez has a strained muscle behind his shoulder. He has a 4.01 ERA/9 RSAA in 59 career games, including a 4.28 ERA/3 RSAA in 25 games in 2004.
5) The Pirates placed Ps Kip Wells and Sean Burnett on the 15 day DL and called up Ps John Van Benschoten and Frank Brooks.
Wells, who went on the DL retroactive to August 14, has an inflamed elbow. After 3.58 ERA/17 RSAA and 3.28 ERA/21 RSAA seasons, he is off to a 4.50 ERA/-5 RSAA start in his first 23 starts. Wells has a 4.19 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.39, and 24 RSAA in 154 games.
Burnett has an inflamed elbow. He has a 5.02 ERA/-7 RSAA in his first 13 career starts.
6) Yankees SS Derek Jeter had to leave yesterday’s game, after suffering a bruised elbow when he was hit by a pitch. X-rays were negative and he expects to be able to play today.
After 23 RCAA/.794 OPS and 24 RCAA/.844 OPS seasons, Jeter is hitting .429 SLG, .328 OBA, .758 OPS, -3 RCAA in his first 118 games. He has a .842 career OPS, compared to his league average of .775, and 234 RCAA in 1330 games.
7) Redsox C Jason Varitek dropped his appeal of a 4 game suspension and started serving it yesterday.
After -6 RCAA/.724 OPS and 11 RCAA/.863 OPS seasons, Varitek is hitting .504 SLG, .395 OBA, .899 OPS, 19 RCAA in his first 107 games. He has a .799 career OPS, compared to his league average of .775, and 0 RCAA in 802 games.
8) The Mets called up P Aaron Heilman and sent P Matt Ginter to the minors.
Heilman, who made his 2004 debut by starting yesterday, has a 6.91 ERA/-20 RSAA in 15 career games.
Ginter has a 5.35 ERA/-18 RSAA in 77 career games, including a 4.61 ERA/-4 RSAA in 13 starts (14 games) in 2004.
9) The Devil Rays sent P Franklin Nunez to the minors when they called up P Scott Kazmir.
Nunez has a 1.42 ERA/2 RSAA in his first 3 career games.
10) Dodgers CF Milton Bradley was out of yesterday’s lineup, due to an eye infection. But, he was able to be used as a pinch hitter.
After -9 RCAA/.723 OPS and 34 RCAA/.923 OPS seasons, Bradley is hitting .442 SLG, .373 OBA, .814 OPS, 8 RCAA in his first 109 games. He has a .772 career OPS, compared to his league average of .773, and 1 RCAA in 427 games.
11) The Angels passed the Rangers into sole possession of 2nd place in the AL West.
According to Peter Gammons, “There is no greater baseball tool than Lee Sinins’ Baseball Sabermetric Encyclopedia. Get thee to Baseball Immortals and order the disc, haste post haste.” The product Jayson Stark called “the best invention since the toaster oven!” has gotten even more powerful.
If you enjoy the ATM reports and want to support them, check out my other creation–the sabermetric baseball encyclopedia. It’s powerful, yet extremely easy to use. Features extensive sorting, stat display options, and features that are not available in online and printed sources. Order the deluxe package and get a free player comments book. For more information, see