Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Baseball didn’t suck in 2010Posted by Harry Pavlidis
The legendary Frank Deford checks in with an essay (listen or read) for NPR's Morning Edition.
The fact is, though, that (a) 2010 was a lousy sports year overall, (b) a really terrible sports year for the United States, and (c) 2011 looks like even more of a bummer.
Mr. Deford continues to list the ills of sport from 2010
- Sly Stallone in the Boxing Hall of Fame
- World Cup to Qatar
- Tiger Woods was MIA
- Jimmie Johnson is too boring
- LeBron James and The Decision
- The BCS
- Zenyatta lost the Triple Crown
- Some odd remarks about the world's best athletes being Filipino, Spanish, Korean or Canadian
Notice the complete lack of baseball? Why is that? Was Mr. DeFord unable to find any suckitude worthy of mention? We'll take nominations in the comments.
Harry Pavlidis admits he has a baseball problem. He is the founder of Pitch Info LLC, His pitch classifications power the player cards at Brooksbaseball.net. Feedback, questions and comments are appreciated - Email email@example.com and Twitter @harrypav