December 9, 2013
And here's the full roster.
Get It Now!
The tenth Hardball Times Annual is now available. It's got 300 pages of articles, commentary and even a crossword puzzle. You can buy the Annual at Amazon, for your Kindle or on our own page (which helps us the most financially). However you buy it, enjoy!
Or you can search by:
Third Base: The Crossroads is THT's e-book, available for $3.99 from the Kindle store. The good news is that anyone can read a Kindle book, even on a PC. So enjoy the best from THT in a new format.
Get your very own THT merchandise from our CafePress store. We've got baseball caps, t-shirts, coffee mugs and even wall clocks with the classy THT logo prominently displayed. Also, check out the THT Bookstore. Please support your favorite baseball site by purchasing something today.
All content on this site (including text, graphs, and any other original works), unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a
Ten Things That You're Missing in HEATER
(Check out a full recent issue here)
- Our "big" issue, which comes out on Tuesdays (a day ahead of newsstand rivals) and which presents statistics separately by team and by position, so that you can view players in the context that you care about. We even sort hitters and pitchers by league, and pitchers by starters and relievers! In the market for an AL 2B? That's one page. An NL SP? That's another.
- A second, supplemental issue each Friday, with updated stats and pitching match-ups plus a weekly planner, to make your weekend fantasy decisions a snap.
- Stats efficiently and intelligently arrayed for the printed page — the "reader-friendly" pages of an edited magazine, not the "printer-friendly" output of a web site.
- Super-useful stats that are not readily available elsewhere in one place, such as starting line-ups, depth charts, recent pitching lines, home/road and LH/RH splits, defensive measures, "Hot Hands" in nine fantasy categories, and position leaderboards. All our stats come from Baseball Info Solutions, the leader in innovation and reliability.
- Hitting and pitching lines broken down by multiple timeframes — last week, last four weeks, and year-to-date.
- Weekly tracking of the minors' top "impact" prospects, all on one page, sorted by position and coded by league.
- Free emails of The Rundown (which includes all the prior day's box scores as well as standings, leaderboards, and schedules), and free updates to Wheelhouse, our baseball database with up to 10 years of stats for every player who swings a bat or hurls a pitch in 2009. Two more ways that HEATER keeps you on top of your game.
- Brain candy like The Gauntlet, which shows each team's record against other teams, their remaining schedules, and the results (with winning and losing pitchers) from the past week.
- NEW FOR 2009! A behind-the-scenes look at an expert league — from an expert — in our "LABR Diary," written by LABR participant, and THT maven, Derek Carty.
- NEW FOR 2009! "You Are There" reports from two dozen dedicated team experts — respected Internet presences such as Timm Davis, Martin Gandy, Erik Hahmann, Brian Joseph, Erik Manning, Joey Matschulat, and Lee Panas. Each week, our writers project playing time by team and tell which players are moving up, which are moving down, and which are moving out.
At HEATER, we are devoted to pulling together the numbers you need to wow your friends and dominate your league. While your opponents are stapling print-outs and massaging spreadsheets, you'll be zooming past them.
Allow me to recap. You'll receive ...
- 26 weeks of HEATER Magazine, published twice a week during the regular season.
- 10 Weeks of "Radar Tracking," published weekly from February to Opening Day.
- Free daily emailing of The Rundown, a box-score lover's dream.
- Free in-season updates to Wheelhouse, our cornucopia of baseball stats (Windows PC's only).
...all for a total of $39.
Unfortunately, we are closed for the offseason.