Around the Majors: Whitesox reacquire Everettby Lee Sinins
July 18, 2004
1) The Expos traded OF Carl Everett to the Whitesox for minor league Ps Jon Rauch and Gary Majewski.
After -5 RCAA/.772 OPS and 24 RCAA/.876 OPS seasons, Everett is hitting .378 SLG, .319 OBA, .697 OPS, -6 RCAA in 39 games. He has a .823 career OPS, compared to his league average of .771, and 85 RCAA in 1135 games. Everett also spent half of the 2003 season with the Whitesox.
Rauch has a 6.51 ERA/-7 RSAA in 10 career games, including a 6.23 ERA/-1 RSAA in 2 starts in 2004.
2) The Braves tied the Phillies for 1st place in the NL East.
3) The Tigers tied the Indians for 3rd place in the AL Central.
4) The Mets passed the Marlins into sole possession of 3rd place in the NL East.
5) The Brewers moved into a virtual tie, with the Reds, for 3rd place in the NL Central. The Brewers lead in PCT.
6) Barry Bonds watch--hit #682, is 18 away from 700, is 32 behind Ruth, is 73 behind Aaron.
7) The Whitesox sent OF Joe Borchard to the minors.
Borchard has -9 RCAA/.532 OPS in 38 career games, including -2 RCAA/.396 OPS in 6 games in 2004.
8) The Orioles activated 3B Melvin Mora from the DL and sent 1B-3B Jose Leon to the minors.
After -1 RCAA/.742 OPS and 33 RCAA/.921 OPS seasons, Mora is hitting .565 SLG, .434 OBA, .999 OPS, 27 RCAA in his first 67 games. He has a .791 career OPS, compared to his league average of .770, and 42 RCAA in 638 games.
Leon has -13 RCAA/.678 OPS in 73 career games, including a .233 SLG, .156 OBA, .390 OPS, -7 RCAA in 16 games in 2004.
9) The Reds designated P Jesus Sanchez for assignment and called up utilityman Jason Romano.
Sanchez has a 5.32 ERA/-63 RSAA in 162 career games, including a 7.53 ERA/-6 RSAA in 3 starts in 2004. They will make another move tomorrow to call up P Brandon Claussen, who will take Sanchez's place in the rotation.
Romano has -15 RCAA/.454 OPS in 104 career games, including a .077 SLG, .143 OBA, .220 OPS, -4 RCAA in 20 games in 2004 (first 4 with the Devil Rays).
10) The Rockies sent P Javier Lopez to the minors.
After starting his career with a 3.70 ERA/7 RSAA in 75 games in 2003, Lopez has a 9.93 ERA/-15 RSAA in 46 games.
11) Tigers RF Bobby Higginson was out of yesterday's lineup, due to an infection in his left eye.
After 9 RCAA/.762 OPS and -13 RCAA/.689 OPS seasons, Higginson is hitting .396 SLG, .363 OBA, .759 OPS, 2 RCAA in his first 78 games. He has a .820 career OPS, compared to his league average of .775, and 120 RCAA in 1299 games.
12) Marlins LF Miguel Cabrera was out of yesterday's lineup, due to a finger injury, and is day to day.
After starting his career with -1 RCAA/.793 OPS in 87 games in 2003, Cabrera is hitting .535 SLG, .369 OBA, .904 OPS, 17 RCAA in his first 89 games.
According to Peter Gammons, "There is no greater baseball tool than Lee Sinins' Baseball Sabermetric Encyclopedia. Get thee to Baseball Immortals and order the disc, haste post haste." The product Jayson Stark called "the best invention since the toaster oven!" has gotten even more powerful.
If you enjoy the ATM reports and want to support them, check out my other creation--the sabermetric baseball encyclopedia. It's powerful, yet extremely easy to use. Features extensive sorting, stat display options, and features that are not available in online and printed sources. Order the deluxe package and get a free player comments book. For more information, see
<< Return to Article