All right, pace yourself, ’cause you’re gonna have to do this all day for very little money.
— Newman, Seinfeld (The Bookstore)
We are pleased to say that The Hardball Times has grown a lot since it launched a little over a year ago, with new writers, increased national exposure, and a consistent growth in readership. We also have a number of exciting new things planned for the upcoming months. Along with that comes a need for some additional help in the everyday workings of the site.
THT’s non-writing staff remains dedicated but small in our second season, but we would like to make a couple midseason callups to help fill out our roster. Are you a fan of THT who has copy editing experience or computer programming ability? If so, you might be perfect for the “job.” We are looking for several hard-working individuals who don’t have the annoying need to be paid for their work. Again, if that sounds like you, keep reading.
Here’s what we are looking for …
- An hour or two of work, a couple days per week.
- Experience editing copy in typical AP style (or something similar).
- Knowledge of basic HTML formatting.
- The ability to be available late at night is a plus.
- Experience with web publishing and/or Expression Engine is also a plus.
- Ability to work on site-related issues when they arise.
- MySQL, PHP, or other equivalent programming language skills required.
If you are interested in helping us out, please drop me an e-mail at
with a note about yourself and/or your skills. Sending a resume is fine, but certainly not required. And if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me about that as well.