Our team page is now live for 2009, updated through yesterday’s games. I like to think that our team page is the best single URL on the web for finding how each team is performing. For instance, today’s update shows that…
- The Rangers have scored 9.7 runs a game (with an OPS of 1.059), exactly eight more than the White Sox (1.7 runs a game).
- Florida’s bats have packed the most “game-worthy” punch, with a WPA of 1.06.
- The White Sox’s and Marlins’ pitchers are averaging 10.2 strikeouts per game.
- Overall, 14% of outfield flies have been home runs; the typical average is 11%.
- The Tiger bullpen has been the worst in the majors so far, with a WPA of -1.18.
- The vaunted Seattle outfield defense is off to a good start. Overall, the Mariner defense is seven plays above average, and their outfield has a 1.000 Revised Zone Rating and has made 11 plays out of zone.
I’ll be updating the team page every morning the rest of the season.